|Senior Curator, Mardi Nowak in her hard hat and vest during the gallery redevelopment.|
That's right! You can get your art exhibited in 2014 on the Community Project Wall (CPW). So how does the Community Project Wall work?
The Community Project Wall (CPW) is located within the side foyer of the new Town Hall Gallery. Spanning just over 20 metres, this space is available for local community groups, local and emerging artists and schools to exhibit a series of two-dimensional works to a wide audience.
The Community Project Wall allows groups and artists to exhibit within an arts context free of gallery rental and have their work exposed to a broad audience.
The CPW is suitable for:
- school groups
- small arts organizations, such as displays that have resulted from workshops
- historical groups
- organizations wanting to display for a particular week - i.e youth week.
- local emerging artists
- local unrepresented artists
- residents or students at a school/institution within the City of Boroondara
- an unrepresented artist living/with a studio in Boroondara
- an emerging artist living/with a studio in Boroondara
- an organization wanting to display for a particular week ie. youth week
- a historical group or library which is displaying Boroondara related material
- small arts organization based in Boroondara
- school group based in Boroondara
The deadline for applications to exhibit in the first half of 2014 are due by Friday 30 August, 2013. Application information and form can be downloaded here.
For more information, please email Senior Curator, Mardi Nowak at email@example.com